Sweater: Vintage (similar) / Skirt: DIY felt Midi Skirt / Broach: Vintage (similar) / Shoes : Old / Bag: Zara (similar)
Happy Tuesday! This week is a busy one for me! I am off this weekend to Kansas city and Chicago. This last weekend i really cleaned out my closet. I got rid of 14 bags of clothing. I have been really under going a change in my style. I only actually kept a few things that i felt really like me. I kept this cute little sweater and skirt. I thought i would post them because i am celebrating over 100 consecutive posts today! To think this last year, i was merely a baby blog. I have grown so much since this last year. I want to thank everyone and (even the my fans on GOMI) for driving me to do better !
Jacket: Vintage (Similar) / Top: Old (no longer available) / Pants: Cinched Leg Track Pants – Old Navy / Shoes: Lava “honey” / Bracelets : Positivity Bands / Watch: Gucci (Similar) / Necklace: Vintage
The one thing about fall, that it seems I am more comfortable in clothing. I found these amazing track pants from old navy. The sporty chic is an amazing trend. I decided to dress it up with a statement jacket and some heels. I was super comfortable. The great thing is that the pants fit any type of body. They work if you are plus or not. I just made it a subtle black and white look. Happy Thursday.
Blazer : Escada Vintage (Similar) / Top : Holy Chic Graphic T / Skirt: Ponte Circle Skirt / Necklace: Triangles c/0 Favery / Bracelets : Positivity Bracelet Bands / Talbots Chain Bag (similar) / N by Nicole Miller Booties (old) / lipstick : NYX #Perfect Red
Have a very happy and safe weekend .
And the Colorado Rocky Mountain high, I’ve seen it raining fire in the sky.
I know he’d be a poor man if he never saw an eagle fly,
Rocky Mountain high, the Colorado Rocky Mountain high, I’ve seen it raining fire in the sky.
Friends around the campfire and everybody’s high
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high.
Rocky Mountain high, Colorado. Rocky Mountain high.
Vintage Arizona Shirt (Similar Here)
Thrifted Maroon Skirt (Similar Here)
Vintage Fur Jacket (I DIY’d This) (Similar Here)
Hello Cheeseburger Necklace
Vintage Tooled Leather Bag (Similar Here)
Sonoma Platforms (similar Sonoma Brand Here)
Hi! I have some incredible Thursday news. Last night i surpassed 11k Views! #SERIOUSLY thank you. THANK YOU i cant say it enough. I feel so incredibly blessed that you are so sweet to me in your comments! I hope you will follow me on Facebook, instagram and twitter and Pinterest (i promise my instagram is full of cats and jewelry)
Here’s a thank you video from me to you <3
Old Navy Rockstars | Gray
Shoes: Dakota Basic Editions
Glasses : Vintage
Bracelets : All Thrifted
Happy Tuesday! (you survived Monday right?) Today is my first “Full” day of school. This is pretty much what i look on a normal school day. My Favorite Old Navy Jeans, a quirky t shirt, and my favorite Kmart shoes. Simplistic and cute! Have a HAPPY tuesday!
Happy National Thrift Day! (or well it was on Sunday) If you have been reading my blog for a while know you know i am a #THRIFSTOREQUEEN. I have been shopping thrift stores since i was sixteen. I remember the first time i ever step foot in a goodwill. It was a magical experience. If you are on a budget like me (and pretty much I’m a tightwad). Thrift stores are the place to be. You can find great housewares, clothing, shoes , accessories ( i mean if you follow me on Instagram you’ll see it all).
Sunday was National Thrift day! I want to share my personal tips, on thrifting. Here are 10 tips on shopping a thrift store.
Rules about Shopping at Salvation Army (Or any thrift store).
1. If your paying in Credit/Debit – Make sure they take it (ive made this mistake like 10000x’s!
2. Take time To Look- Don’t “Whine I cant find anything” You have to have much patience -its important to comb through every section you step in. (that’s how i do it. i look carefully).
3. I go in there sometimes thinking i wont find something i like then boom , i find something i love.
4. If they don’t have a dressing room (which my favorite doesn’t). Try it on and find a mirror (even if people are watching you)
5. look if its stained/torn ( i typically sometimes buy torn things knowing i can get them fixed). – and if its Non Fixable or your not good at sewing (find a friend or just do not purchase)
6. If you think it’s real, (at Goodwill if its not behind a counter its not/ sometimes at Salvation Army (depending where it is it could be real my 2nd Gucci Purse i purchased was thrown in a group of bags. I’m very much into telling real from “fake”. I made sure to look to see 100% before i purchase (believe i made mistakes before)- if your not sure consult Google on your smart phone. (and if you still aren’t sure do not purchase) (there are resources out there to help you!)
7. If there’s no price most likely – they wont sell it you, find a manager and ask. Sometimes they won’t sell it to you. Sometimes they will. You Just have to ask!
8. Grab it while it’s there. This is the hardest one I’ve learned is to get it while it’s still there. I’ve gone back to thrift stores a day later and things have been gone. Don’t set things down, and go away from them, sometimes people will take your items (some lady did this to me, something i was looking for i walked to the next isle and she took the bag i wanted even though my coat was by it).
9. When buying bras/underwear/intimates – (believe you might be thinking WTH? gross!) Most of the items i have bought were new and un-used. I typically don’t buy that kinda stuff there but if i do its *NEW*
10. Have fun, with thrift store shopping, (a lot of my friends say its gross) but you can have loads of fun and fine unique-one – of a kind items. (people i see all the time even in fashion shows , and sometimes celebrities say they go vintage and its the best ever!).
That’s 10′ ways on how to *thrift properly* from my personal tidbits, to style tactics.
I hope you enjoy my tips! Have a very super duper Monday!
Vintage Leather Leopard Jacket (Similar Here)
Mossimo/Target Dress (old) – (Similar Here)
Faux Leather Leggings – (On Sale!)
Charlotte Russe Leopard Booties (old) (Similar Here)
Old Leather Cut Off Gloves ( DIY’ed)
Snake Skin Clutch (Vintage) – (Similar Here)
Sunglasses : Forever 21
NYX Matte Lipstick
(NEW YORK DOLLS)
Since i was in college ( the first time .. now I’m there again). I have been obessed with Glam Rock.
Glam rock (also known as glitter rock) is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s, which was performed by singers and musicians who wore outrageous clothes, makeup and hairstyles, particularly platform-soled boots and glitter. The flamboyant costumes and visual styles of glam performers were often camp or androgynous, and have been connected with new views of gender roles. (Wikipedia) .
Some of the most memorable artists (and my favorites) are The New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, and David Bowie. I am a huge HUGE fan of The New York Dolls. I tried to recreate a glam rock look. I am obsessed with this leopard jacket. It was a gift from my aunt, it was hers from the 1960’s. I hope you check out Glam Rock Movement!
Lately, i have been in my mode latey about the workspace. The workspace is the best place to create, relax and enjoy. I am all about my workspace and how it needs to reflect me. I want to challenge you to write about your workspace and what it means to you. Why do you have the things on your desk? Why do you have things hanging up? What does it mean to you. I am providing a picture of my workspace.
This is my happy workspace. It’s filled with cute little trinkets and things. I have found that really make me happy. When i write styled in the heartland, i need to be in a good mood. These things make me happy. I purchased this big desk last winter for only 10.00 at a local consignment store. Probably my favorite thing on my desk now is that head lamp. That was an excellent estate sale find for 3.00. I believe its from the 1950s. Its one of my favorite pieces on my desk. Up in the corner i have my real life Pinterest board. I have cards, things that people have given me and drawings. I have some photos of my best friend and me. Just a few fun things. My desk makes me very happy. Here’s the challenge, show me a picture of your workspace and tell me all about what make you happy when you create in your space!
Have a happy weekend!
Its summer, and I’ve been feeling sparkly lately. I picked up this AMAZING jacket last weekend at an estate sale, and i had just had to photograph it. I hope you love it like i do!
Dress : Gap (Similar Here Or Here)|Sequin Jacket: Vintage (Similar Here or Here) | Bow Tie: Saks Fifth Avenue | Shoes: Parable Gurrung For Target (Old) | Gloves : Vintage (Similar Here Or Here) | Clutch : Vintage (Similar Here ) | Sunglasses: Forever 21
“I am not eccentric. It’s just that I am more alive than most people. I am an unpopular electric eel set in a pond of catfish.” ― Edith Sitwell
Dress – Thrifted Fish Dress ( Similar Here or Here) | Pants – Leggings- Thrifted | Clutch – Vintage Straw Clutch (Similar Here or Here) | Necklace – Ann Taylor | Sunglasses- Thrifted (Similar Here Or Here) | Glitter Headband – Urban Outfitters | Fish Hair Clip – Thrifted (Similar Here or Here)