Jacket: Vintage (Similar) / Top: Old (no longer available) / Pants: Cinched Leg Track Pants – Old Navy / Shoes: Lava “honey” / Bracelets : Positivity Bands / Watch: Gucci (Similar) / Necklace: Vintage
The one thing about fall, that it seems I am more comfortable in clothing. I found these amazing track pants from old navy. The sporty chic is an amazing trend. I decided to dress it up with a statement jacket and some heels. I was super comfortable. The great thing is that the pants fit any type of body. They work if you are plus or not. I just made it a subtle black and white look. Happy Thursday.
Happy National Thrift Day! (or well it was on Sunday) If you have been reading my blog for a while know you know i am a #THRIFSTOREQUEEN. I have been shopping thrift stores since i was sixteen. I remember the first time i ever step foot in a goodwill. It was a magical experience. If you are on a budget like me (and pretty much I’m a tightwad). Thrift stores are the place to be. You can find great housewares, clothing, shoes , accessories ( i mean if you follow me on Instagram you’ll see it all).
Sunday was National Thrift day! I want to share my personal tips, on thrifting. Here are 10 tips on shopping a thrift store.
Rules about Shopping at Salvation Army (Or any thrift store).
1. If your paying in Credit/Debit – Make sure they take it (ive made this mistake like 10000x’s!
2. Take time To Look- Don’t “Whine I cant find anything” You have to have much patience -its important to comb through every section you step in. (that’s how i do it. i look carefully).
3. I go in there sometimes thinking i wont find something i like then boom , i find something i love.
4. If they don’t have a dressing room (which my favorite doesn’t). Try it on and find a mirror (even if people are watching you)
5. look if its stained/torn ( i typically sometimes buy torn things knowing i can get them fixed). – and if its Non Fixable or your not good at sewing (find a friend or just do not purchase)
6. If you think it’s real, (at Goodwill if its not behind a counter its not/ sometimes at Salvation Army (depending where it is it could be real my 2nd Gucci Purse i purchased was thrown in a group of bags. I’m very much into telling real from “fake”. I made sure to look to see 100% before i purchase (believe i made mistakes before)- if your not sure consult Google on your smart phone. (and if you still aren’t sure do not purchase) (there are resources out there to help you!)
7. If there’s no price most likely – they wont sell it you, find a manager and ask. Sometimes they won’t sell it to you. Sometimes they will. You Just have to ask!
8. Grab it while it’s there. This is the hardest one I’ve learned is to get it while it’s still there. I’ve gone back to thrift stores a day later and things have been gone. Don’t set things down, and go away from them, sometimes people will take your items (some lady did this to me, something i was looking for i walked to the next isle and she took the bag i wanted even though my coat was by it).
9. When buying bras/underwear/intimates – (believe you might be thinking WTH? gross!) Most of the items i have bought were new and un-used. I typically don’t buy that kinda stuff there but if i do its *NEW*
10. Have fun, with thrift store shopping, (a lot of my friends say its gross) but you can have loads of fun and fine unique-one – of a kind items. (people i see all the time even in fashion shows , and sometimes celebrities say they go vintage and its the best ever!).
That’s 10′ ways on how to *thrift properly* from my personal tidbits, to style tactics.
I hope you enjoy my tips! Have a very super duper Monday!
Squirrel Sweater Set Christoper & Banks Vintage (Similar Here)
Pencil Skirt (Thrifted) (Similar Here)
Dooney & Bourke Bag Vintage (Similar Here or Here)
Wood Circle Earrings -Thrifted (Similar Here)
Old Navy Sandals
Hi there! I decided to pull this sweater out. I bought this sweater last year, at Goodwill. I love anything and quirky. The squirrels are just funny and cute. I love that its a two separate piece. I also paired it with this super AMAZING bag. As if you read my MSB recap, you know that i am a yard sale queen. Every summer here in Ankeny Iowa there is a major yard sale at Our Lady Of Immaculate Heart Catholic church. I have a co-worker who attends there and told me about it. Last year i had a phenomenal experience two coach bags purchased one for only 2.50! This year i was so super excited! The first day i went, i ended up spending 15.00. I picked up this fabulous bag! The first thing i hit was the purse table. I was sorting through the bags and found this amazing D&B bag. All the purses were only 2.50! I think its only because Ankeny is a rich town. I picked up a ton of other goodies. I ended up going back next day, because everything was half price. I think that the more i church rummage sale the more i can outfit my self. I ended up at the half price sale finding a bunch of cool pins, and a few other small things. I hope you enjoy.
Vintage Leather Leopard Jacket (Similar Here)
Mossimo/Target Dress (old) – (Similar Here)
Faux Leather Leggings – (On Sale!)
Charlotte Russe Leopard Booties (old) (Similar Here)
Old Leather Cut Off Gloves ( DIY’ed)
Snake Skin Clutch (Vintage) – (Similar Here)
Sunglasses : Forever 21
NYX Matte Lipstick
(NEW YORK DOLLS)
Since i was in college ( the first time .. now I’m there again). I have been obessed with Glam Rock.
Glam rock (also known as glitter rock) is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s, which was performed by singers and musicians who wore outrageous clothes, makeup and hairstyles, particularly platform-soled boots and glitter. The flamboyant costumes and visual styles of glam performers were often camp or androgynous, and have been connected with new views of gender roles. (Wikipedia) .
Some of the most memorable artists (and my favorites) are The New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, and David Bowie. I am a huge HUGE fan of The New York Dolls. I tried to recreate a glam rock look. I am obsessed with this leopard jacket. It was a gift from my aunt, it was hers from the 1960’s. I hope you check out Glam Rock Movement!
Fringe Skirt & Shirt -Vintage | Shoes : Old Navy ( Similar Style: Here ) | Bag: Leather Tool Clutch (Similar Here) Earrings (Old)
Lately, i have been in my mode latey about the workspace. The workspace is the best place to create, relax and enjoy. I am all about my workspace and how it needs to reflect me. I want to challenge you to write about your workspace and what it means to you. Why do you have the things on your desk? Why do you have things hanging up? What does it mean to you. I am providing a picture of my workspace.
This is my happy workspace. It’s filled with cute little trinkets and things. I have found that really make me happy. When i write styled in the heartland, i need to be in a good mood. These things make me happy. I purchased this big desk last winter for only 10.00 at a local consignment store. Probably my favorite thing on my desk now is that head lamp. That was an excellent estate sale find for 3.00. I believe its from the 1950s. Its one of my favorite pieces on my desk. Up in the corner i have my real life Pinterest board. I have cards, things that people have given me and drawings. I have some photos of my best friend and me. Just a few fun things. My desk makes me very happy. Here’s the challenge, show me a picture of your workspace and tell me all about what make you happy when you create in your space!
Have a happy weekend!
I have been feeling so VACATION lately. I keep thinking about school starting up. I picked this shirt up over fourth of July. I love Disney, and i have never been to Disney land. This shirt was only .29 cents! I paired it with all my fun and favorite jewelry. The purse is totally a collage of Princess Dianna, its pretty awesome! I hope you enjoy!
Shirt: Vintage Disney Shirt (Similar Here or Here) | Pants : Stretchy Pink Leggings (Similar Here )| Purse : Vintage Dianna Purse (Similar Here) | Shoes : Vans X Hello Kitty | Sunglasses
Vintage (Similar Here) | Rings : Ice Cream Ring | Watermelon Ring (Similar Here ) | Earrings: Claire’s (old) | Bracelets (They all were gifts) | Necklace : Camera Necklace (made from a childs toy)
Well it’s clear where the cutting line
Woke up deep for the longest time.
But I can’t offer any help.
You must do this all by yourself.
And no love can be guaranteed.
It don’t come with no warranties.
So wake up, or wake up alone.
If you want me, show some
Dress: Vintage (Similar Here) | Clutch : Vintage (Similar here) | Shoes: Chanel | Earrings: Vintage (Similar Here)
Jaket: Vintage (Similar Here ) | Camisole: Vintage (Similar Here) | Leggings: Gap Athletic | Shoes: Thrift (Similar Here) | Bag: Vintage Chain Bag (similar Here) | Scarf : Coach | Necklace : Thrifted (Similar Here) | Watch: Hop To It Watch -Charming Charlies – ON SALE!
For me, the magic of Hawaii comes from the stillness, the sea, the stars- Joanne Harris
I’ve been in a vacation mood lately, thinking about somewhere i haven’t been before, well you can guess? HAWAII! I have been watching to many vintage travel films and TV shows (not to mention that Brady Bunch Episode) . I picked up this beautiful Kimono a week ago, and fell in love with the colors and the “Aloha” written on, so i thought id put together a fun vintage Hawaii look! Enjoy.
Kimono : Vintage Aloha (Similar Here and Here) | Clutch: Banana Republic (Old) (Similar Here) | Earrings: Thrifted (Similar Here) | Necklace: Vintage (Similar Here or Here) | Glasses : Vintage (Similar Here or Here)