This weekend is a very busy one for me. Today i depart for Kansas City. I am on a trip with my Marketing Group, exploring different professionals in the workplace. I have picked out a few of my cant live without travel essentials. Literally every item on this list i have. I however i am obsessed with the Customized Timbuk 2 bag. I have loved Timbuk 2 since my art school days. Im pretty excited to tour their new store in Chicago this weekend. Where is a place you’d like to travel? Let me know in the comments! Have a Fabulous Thursday.
Jacket: Vintage (Similar) / Top: Old (no longer available) / Pants: Cinched Leg Track Pants – Old Navy / Shoes: Lava “honey” / Bracelets : Positivity Bands / Watch: Gucci (Similar) / Necklace: Vintage
The one thing about fall, that it seems I am more comfortable in clothing. I found these amazing track pants from old navy. The sporty chic is an amazing trend. I decided to dress it up with a statement jacket and some heels. I was super comfortable. The great thing is that the pants fit any type of body. They work if you are plus or not. I just made it a subtle black and white look. Happy Thursday.
Top : Active Top With Built In Bra- Old Navy / Pants: Old Navy Active Compression Pants / Shoes : Adidas
I’ve recently decided to go on a mission to lead a healthier, and more active lifestlye. I just invested in some new gym gear from the Old Navy, It’s very comfortable and surprisingly affordable, It even makes you feel stylish! (Like you aren’t at the gym.) I am very excited to start this new chapter of my life on the road to happy & healthy.
Blazer : Escada (similar) / Shirt: Ann Taylor / Pant: Pixie Ankle Pant -Old Navy / Shoes: Merona / Clutch: Expressions NYC / Earrings: Old Navy/ Sunglasses : Forever 21
Happy Monday, although fall is here I often find myself missing the summer. I found this cute t-shirt this weekend on mega clearance from my local Ann Taylor, even though it makes me miss summer. I though it would be a fun idea to throw in a pop or a color to my look. Old Navy has these amazing pants that are out now called the “pixie” pants, they are amazing, they’re very versatile with everything! The pixie pants are available in plus sizes via thee old navy website! I hope that you have a great work week.
Camille | Love Finds Andy Hardy | Calamity Jane | An American In Paris | Easter Parade | Meet Me In St. Louis | Swing Time | Summer Stock | By the Lithe of the Silvery Moon
Happy Friday! Phew my first full week of madness is over! Hurrah! I like to take Friday nights to wind down after work is over. My lovely friend over at Charmingly Styled picked out here favorite fashion moves. I borrowed her ideas and picked out my favorite old fashioned movies. My favorite movie of all times, is on here Camille. (Which if you have seen Annie, you know that this is the movie she watches after the famous song “Lets Go To The Movies”). I love to wind down Fridays with a classic film and snacks. Tell Me Whats your favorite movie? What kind of films do you like watching? I love old movies with judy, doris and gene and Fred the whole gang! I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3 and happy Labor Day!
Holy Chic Shirt
Sliding Crescent Necklace
Denim Dome Backpack
Eat Cake Laptop Sleeve
Zip Up Booties
Holy BAGEEZ! Summer is over! Its officially over. Today is my first day of school. I am like sort of ready? I mean i have everything. I picked out in my mind what i would wear to my first day of school. I am living in the Old Navy Rock stars. They are so comfy they even come in cords. I picked out a few cute accessories too that you will love. Tell me whats your favorite thing about going back to school? Is it the learning, or just the fact that fall is officially here (HELLO PUMPKIN!!!)
Have a great Thursday (wish me luck!)
Happy National Thrift Day! (or well it was on Sunday) If you have been reading my blog for a while know you know i am a #THRIFSTOREQUEEN. I have been shopping thrift stores since i was sixteen. I remember the first time i ever step foot in a goodwill. It was a magical experience. If you are on a budget like me (and pretty much I’m a tightwad). Thrift stores are the place to be. You can find great housewares, clothing, shoes , accessories ( i mean if you follow me on Instagram you’ll see it all).
Sunday was National Thrift day! I want to share my personal tips, on thrifting. Here are 10 tips on shopping a thrift store.
Rules about Shopping at Salvation Army (Or any thrift store).
1. If your paying in Credit/Debit – Make sure they take it (ive made this mistake like 10000x’s!
2. Take time To Look- Don’t “Whine I cant find anything” You have to have much patience -its important to comb through every section you step in. (that’s how i do it. i look carefully).
3. I go in there sometimes thinking i wont find something i like then boom , i find something i love.
4. If they don’t have a dressing room (which my favorite doesn’t). Try it on and find a mirror (even if people are watching you)
5. look if its stained/torn ( i typically sometimes buy torn things knowing i can get them fixed). – and if its Non Fixable or your not good at sewing (find a friend or just do not purchase)
6. If you think it’s real, (at Goodwill if its not behind a counter its not/ sometimes at Salvation Army (depending where it is it could be real my 2nd Gucci Purse i purchased was thrown in a group of bags. I’m very much into telling real from “fake”. I made sure to look to see 100% before i purchase (believe i made mistakes before)- if your not sure consult Google on your smart phone. (and if you still aren’t sure do not purchase) (there are resources out there to help you!)
7. If there’s no price most likely – they wont sell it you, find a manager and ask. Sometimes they won’t sell it to you. Sometimes they will. You Just have to ask!
8. Grab it while it’s there. This is the hardest one I’ve learned is to get it while it’s still there. I’ve gone back to thrift stores a day later and things have been gone. Don’t set things down, and go away from them, sometimes people will take your items (some lady did this to me, something i was looking for i walked to the next isle and she took the bag i wanted even though my coat was by it).
9. When buying bras/underwear/intimates – (believe you might be thinking WTH? gross!) Most of the items i have bought were new and un-used. I typically don’t buy that kinda stuff there but if i do its *NEW*
10. Have fun, with thrift store shopping, (a lot of my friends say its gross) but you can have loads of fun and fine unique-one – of a kind items. (people i see all the time even in fashion shows , and sometimes celebrities say they go vintage and its the best ever!).
That’s 10′ ways on how to *thrift properly* from my personal tidbits, to style tactics.
I hope you enjoy my tips! Have a very super duper Monday!
1. Fungi House Backpack
2. Shark Mouth Large Backpack
3. Circo Figural Owl Backpack
4. Countryside Settlement Backpack
5. Riot Society Paws Backpack
6. 6. Black Label Super Break
7. Convertible Backpack
It’s no secret. I am not secretly counting down till summer is over. I know what your thinking, what good minded adult cant wait till summer is over? Well me. I have never been a fan of summer. I am so excited for fall. I want leaves, apple orchards, fall colors, and chunky sweaters The biggest thing is i start my second semester at school. If you didn’t know i am in school. This is my second college degree. I am studying marketing and web design. As an adult, i know i need a functional back pack. Wouldn’t you think that with all my purses and clutches i’d have a backpack? Last year i thrifted my backpack. It was more of a classy laptop bag. I ended up using a old leather bag i purchased at a yardsale, when i was in college the first time. I have put together a fun list of cute backpacks. I love the quirkiness of the ones i picked! If you are preparing to go back to school, i hope this helps give you some ideas!
Squirrel Sweater Set Christoper & Banks Vintage (Similar Here)
Pencil Skirt (Thrifted) (Similar Here)
Dooney & Bourke Bag Vintage (Similar Here or Here)
Wood Circle Earrings -Thrifted (Similar Here)
Old Navy Sandals
Hi there! I decided to pull this sweater out. I bought this sweater last year, at Goodwill. I love anything and quirky. The squirrels are just funny and cute. I love that its a two separate piece. I also paired it with this super AMAZING bag. As if you read my MSB recap, you know that i am a yard sale queen. Every summer here in Ankeny Iowa there is a major yard sale at Our Lady Of Immaculate Heart Catholic church. I have a co-worker who attends there and told me about it. Last year i had a phenomenal experience two coach bags purchased one for only 2.50! This year i was so super excited! The first day i went, i ended up spending 15.00. I picked up this fabulous bag! The first thing i hit was the purse table. I was sorting through the bags and found this amazing D&B bag. All the purses were only 2.50! I think its only because Ankeny is a rich town. I picked up a ton of other goodies. I ended up going back next day, because everything was half price. I think that the more i church rummage sale the more i can outfit my self. I ended up at the half price sale finding a bunch of cool pins, and a few other small things. I hope you enjoy.
Vintage Leather Leopard Jacket (Similar Here)
Mossimo/Target Dress (old) – (Similar Here)
Faux Leather Leggings – (On Sale!)
Charlotte Russe Leopard Booties (old) (Similar Here)
Old Leather Cut Off Gloves ( DIY’ed)
Snake Skin Clutch (Vintage) – (Similar Here)
Sunglasses : Forever 21
NYX Matte Lipstick
(NEW YORK DOLLS)
Since i was in college ( the first time .. now I’m there again). I have been obessed with Glam Rock.
Glam rock (also known as glitter rock) is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the United Kingdom in the early 1970s, which was performed by singers and musicians who wore outrageous clothes, makeup and hairstyles, particularly platform-soled boots and glitter. The flamboyant costumes and visual styles of glam performers were often camp or androgynous, and have been connected with new views of gender roles. (Wikipedia) .
Some of the most memorable artists (and my favorites) are The New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, and David Bowie. I am a huge HUGE fan of The New York Dolls. I tried to recreate a glam rock look. I am obsessed with this leopard jacket. It was a gift from my aunt, it was hers from the 1960’s. I hope you check out Glam Rock Movement!